• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Non Metalic Guy Wire

skeeterman

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2005
Texas
I need to order a roll of antenna "guy cord", and can't seem to find it. Several years ago, someone on this forum put me in touch with the company that carried it. Good stuff. Does anyone have the link/phone?

Thanks, I will check it out. The cord/rope that I have used, is only about 1/4" thick, but has held up very well, for several years.

This is the link I put up before (same company Marconi put up):

www.synthetictextilesinc.com/supportham.html

It's the same stuff that AES/HRO carries, but direct from the manufacturer. They're local to me, and it's what I use.

FYI, Phillystran is also a manufacturer...they do many different types of rope that are suitable.

That is what I was looking for.
My groundplane survived the hurricane last year, but my neighbors tractor hung one of the guy lines and pulled it down yesterday.
That gives me a good reason to put up Jay's I10k that has been setting on a shelf for 3 years. And my neighbor is helping with cost and labor :D
Thanks for all the help.

I use the smallest dacron they make on a 36 ft pushup. Freestanding in a 10ft long peice of pipe half burried in the ground in concrete . Should have went alittle bigger but has took 70 mph winds and no problem. 2 sets of 4

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.