• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Non techs, stay out of these exports....

Yes, he tested his jumpers and they were fine, he used new ones anyway, same result.

C199 maybe?
I think there is mention of the galaxy 44v aquirring an oscillation on transmit audio which turns out to be C199.

It's on the archived version of cbtricks under galaxy symptoms and cures.

Not really a hum. Almost a 1khz constant tone but lower in frequency tone, like say 600hz to 800hz.

SWR between radio and the amp is 1.3, SWR from antenna is 1.3.

This issue may be the reason someone recapped it and tried to align it (which screwed up the alignment) and then sold it.
I found this:
squeal with amp.png

and although I don't have a saturn schematic on hand that is clear enough to read, the DX45 schematic shows where this cap is. Looks like the mod simply replaces the jumper with a ceramic cap (in this radio, C193) that bridges the chassis to circuit ground squeal with amp cap.png

You might need him to bring the radio and the mic he uses, and at least one of his amps so you can try to reproduce the problem on your bench.

he might have some sort of ground loop issue.

if that RCI base has its main PC board DC ground isolated from the chassis, he might be connecting the two unintentionally with some other piece of equipment.

for example, if the shield wire of his D104 is connected to the shell of the mic plug then he's connecting the PC board ground to the chassis ground with that mic shield wire.

sorry it's late here, maybe im not explaining myself very well lol.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.