• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

North Korea Still Tops The DX Magazine's Most Wanted Survey

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008
The DX Magazine has published the results of its most-wanted DXCC entities, and, once again, North Korea (P5) is number 1. Here are the Top 10 overall worldwide results, as they appeared in The DX Magazine’s January/February 2014 issue.*

2013** Prefix/Entity (2012)

1******** P5 North Korea (1)

2******** KP1 Navassa Island (2)

3******** 3Y/B Bouvet* (3)

4******** FT5W Crozet (6)

5******** FT5Z Amsterd...

More...

You wouldn't be trying to make political points against your favorite pariah state; now would you ARRL?

NK just got around to make a ski lift. So don't rush them for leisure activities, they will get around to amateur radio when they can figure out a political angle. One leisure activity at a time, please.

Sure can't say that about Cuba now - lol!

I don't know if there is such a thing as amateur radio in NK. You wouldn't want to
try and do a DX-pedition there because you might get fed to the dogs.

when i was stationed in S. korea i tried making contact .but could not get any one on any band . I was told 2 way radio was a no-no in N korea ... maybe i was misinformed .
where can i find a link on the rarest contacts so i can see which if any i hit ?

thanks in advance

when i was stationed in S. korea i tried making contact .but could not get any one on any band . I was told 2 way radio was a no-no in N korea ... maybe i was misinformed .
where can i find a link on the rarest contacts so i can see which if any i hit ?

thanks in advance

There is no amateur radio activity in North Korea. Period. None. Zero. Nodda.

As for your question, Google "amateur radio most wanted countries".

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.