• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Not sure if this = Howbrew? Mic Project

ElectronTubesRule

Sep 6, 2011
Since I can not buy what I want I decided to go a different direction. I figured I could select the mic I want no matter if it is Broadcast or for Musical production. Then I could add signal processing and amplification to it in the base of the unit. Kind of like a D104 on Steroids. The amp section would be their mostly for am and compressor for SSB you could operate them individually no point having them both on at same time.

For me the trickiest part is where to put the PTT switch???? Should I do a foot switch or put a micro switch on the mic? Depending on the Mic I chose be it a ElectroVoiece RE-20 or a Shure 57 or spme un amplified Desck mic from the 1950?????

I was thinking about using a Heil(sp) and adding an amplifier to it but then thought if I am going to do that I might as well get a little crazy and do something interesting. Thoughts Idea's anything you guys have tried????I might even consider doing hot rod like paint job.

I never done this type of thing before. I have replaced elements and transistors and such in mic's and refinished old mic's but never set out to select parts and pieces and make them into a good looking and functioning piece of gear or kit!

So any advice or good sources for parts, proven circuit designs for audio amp section of the mic will be wellcomed!!!

Dinner tonight for me and my 3 boys.....Grilled chicken, cheese tortellini, and a spinach, cucumber and fresh sweet corn salad..........Nothing fancy but yummy good!Oh and I made a sweet onion sauce with Vidallia(sp) Onions some vinager, oil, sugar and fresh cracked pepper oh and a hint of roasted ginger not much just a bit.

Best to all!!!

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.