• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

not transmitting

belley

Oct 11, 2009
hi guys i jus t got an ax144 uniden ssb rig the problem is it wont transmit
everything else works fine but when i push the mike i get nothing no signal strength the meter dont move i tried another mike the same thing the meter works fine receiving upon inspection everything looks fine but im no tech any help would be great thanks (y)

No output but receive is fine usually = bad final transistor. You can check this by using another radio close by or on the bench like a handheld transmit with the non functioning radio and see if you get a slight signal on test vradio or receive radio.

Last edited:
thanks guys i tried transmitting from my radio to another and it was faintly heard i got to scream down the mike to be heard by other stations the same with another mike and yes the mike gain is on full and yes i have a swr meter thanks wayne

thanks guys i tried transmitting from my radio to another and it was faintly heard i got to scream down the mike to be heard by other stations the same with another mike and yes the mike gain is on full and yes i have a swr meter thanks wayne

Sounds like you are only transmitting on the driver transistor, possible blown final.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.