• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ok resistor question number 2....

O

oldslowchevy

i have looked..... the information i have found seems to contricdit it self... alot.

does a 1/2 watt resistor only take a 1/2 a watt away or will it only allow a 1/2 watt though?

better example, if i have 5 watts and i install a 1/2 100 ohm resistor will i then have 4.5 watts, or only a half of a watt?

the internet is not my friend:headbang:censored:, but you guys are(y)

i did read this, much of it i understand much is wayyyyy beyond me. sadly if my multimeter wasn't crushed :oops: i would see what i needed. i don't have the money for a new meter and it is not cost effective for me to order what i need for $1.25 + 12.95 for shipping and handling for 1 resistor.

really though the way my day is going i am thinking about giving up. 3/4 of the day is though and i have gotten nothing acomplished yet....:headbang
i hate days like this.

i have looked..... the information i have found seems to contricdit it self... alot.

does a 1/2 watt resistor only take a 1/2 a watt away or will it only allow a 1/2 watt though?

better example, if i have 5 watts and i install a 1/2 100 ohm resistor will i then have 4.5 watts, or only a half of a watt?

the internet is not my friend:headbang:censored:, but you guys are(y)

You need to figure the amount of current passing through that resistor. You know the ohmic value (I hope), and you're specifying that the resistor is rated at 1/2 watt. I = sqrt(P/R).

I responded on your earlier question, and the answer should still be there...

Resistors don't "take away" any watts; they dissipate them as part of the entire circuit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.