• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ok so these are regulators you young guys should know about.

Onelasttime

Aug 3, 2011
2SA1301, 1302, 1943 and the modern replacement TTA1943 the TTA1943 is by far the modern equal I think for applications most would consider a Palomar MaxMod oh and while I do not think the TIP36 is the equal of the MaxMod or the TTA1943 it is a very good part.

I just think people should know about these since they are all very good parts depending on the application.

Given the choice I would rather use a Toshiba TTA1943 all day every day and twice on Sunday over some random unknown part!

Be blessed and happy all!

Don't worry, you were heard, D/L'd to this site back in 2021...

Here again, latest revision

Attachments

• TTA1943 (2).PDF
    196.6 KB · Views: 9
Good! I hate to see people fall for marketing when their are plenty of really good alternatives!

If the MaxMod's where not unknown maker, sold with insane markup and not marketed as the best thing since pre sliced bread and women in bikini's I would be ok with them.

The white papers for all of Palomar's parts are about as believable as the white papers for HG parts!

I am not sure what sort of discount actual repair technicians get or if they just mark the holy living heck out of them but you see people pushing them like mad. I have even seen people push them as an upgrade on old Cobra and Uniden radio's and I have no clue how they even get them into the radio's boards given the difference in package size. A radio drawing 1.5A or less does not need such upgrades!

I assure you there is no way I am fitting 3xMaxMods or like in my Cobra 138XLR in place of the 1419's! LOL The 2N6487 is plenty of upgrade. Sometimes bigger is not always better! LOL Some common sense is also a good thing! Plus those are from Mouser so I know exactly what parts I am getting and who made it. In this case Onsemi. The Tantalums are from Kemet

I like knowing that when I am done with the radio it will be good for another 45 years even though I wont live that as long as the radio will! I can only hope the next owner get's to have as much fun as I did with it!

x1080

Reactions: Holydvr

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.