• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Old Archer Super Maxim vertical

PLUTO

May 2, 2005
Greeneville, Tennessee
I got an old Archer(Rat Shack) 1/2 wave antenna in on trade. It's in good shape, except the 3 radial (ground plane) elements are gone along with the 3 "top hat" rods. I downloaded a manual which dosent show the length of the radials. They appear to be ~3 to 4 feet long. If anyone knows the length of them, I would be greatful for the info. The length of the top hat rods may not be too critical....but that info would be a bonus ;) Thanks in advance, 73s, Pluto

the assembly and installation manual for the super maxim does not list any dimensions or lengths for the top hat elements or the counterpoise decoupling system. try 4.5' for the "radials" and begin with 12" and trim for resonance for the top hat elements.

freecell said:
the assembly and installation manual for the super maxim does not list any dimensions or lengths for the top hat elements or the counterpoise decoupling system. try 4.5' for the "radials" and begin with 12" and trim for resonance for the top hat elements.
.......Ok, thanks a bunch freecell. I give it a try :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.