• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

old d104's CAN'T be wired for 5 pin?

O

otisoil

Whats the 5th wire for? Any mic "should" be able to work on any radio. Maybe what he ment to say was, it aint worth while to put this mic on this radio cause it aint a "slam dunk"

<----Click

<font size="7" color="#FF0000">Vote Now !! </font><font color="#FF0000" size="5">we
have fallen & we can't get up -- Shoot First & Ask Questions Later !!</font>
</p></p>

I just brought back my old D-104 from my tech, and he told me that it was impossible to wire it for a five pin...it is originally a four pin and he said that the base is too old to wire it for a five pin and that the wires couldn't be separated for it to work right.

I'm trying to get it wired to a Uniden President Washington...any ideas? Heard of this before? I sure haven't...

</p>

Jake, I just wired a 4 wire d104 to my 5 pin uniden washington- Works great ! Here are the details.

Pin #1- White

#2- shield

#3-black

#4- jumper to pin 2

#5- red

Ron

kvradio.jpg
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showLocalUserPublicProfile?login=sonwatcher>Sonwatcher</A> at: 6/25/02 2:39:47 pm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.