• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Older Texas Star D.C. 350 ssb delay

Old post but deserves an update.

For me...and a couple Black Widow 250's... At first I had the 68 ohm ssb pad resistor lifted so I could push the ssb button in and get delay with more power out. That's the resistor to the right of the ssb button switch R16.

BUT after soldering back the lifted resistor, following the addition of the full power ssb delay mod switch I added on the back panel, the SSB button isn't even used anymore. What a joy!

Without that mod switch there's a 68 ohm padding resistor which when you push in the ssb button causes less than 1/2 power.
However, If your radio is swinging 30-40w on ssb it needs the extra pad. So leave R16 in place. The mod also keeps the 4 power modes intact.

A damn good easy ssb delay mod for the early TS amps that didn't have it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.