• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Oldie but a goodie,,,,or old junk

Q

Quick Cal

After some digging, I found my dad's old cb stuff. I'm just wondering if any of this stuff is any good.

The first thing is the radio. It'a a Teaberry "T" Charlie One. It's say's 5 watt's on the back. Will that put out more than my Magnum S3? I'm getting ready to go hook it up and see if it even work's.

I also found an old Johnson Messenger Two base unit. Man this thing look's ancient.

The next 2 item's are linear's. The first one is a Pride 150. On the front of it, it read's,,,amateur radio bi linear ampliifier. 80-10 mtr.

The next one is a Black Cat from Wawasee Electronic's Co. If I remember right,,,it's been probobly 25 year's,,,this was his bad boy. But, I could be wrong.

So do I dare try hooking one of these thing's up. May I'll take it to the cb shop and see what they say. Any of this stuff have any value.

Thank's, Cal

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=quickcal>Quick Cal</A> at: 10/19/04 1:54 pm

I would be careful who I bring it to, have them check for problems before powering anything up, and when they do, have them change filter caps first, or bring it up slowly on a variac.

Click Here To Go To FG Best Communications

bot452026.gif
</p>

It'a a Teaberry "T" Charlie One.

This is a nice radio, and it is modifiable for extra channels.

Will that put out more than my Magnum S3?

Probably not, but it may sound better. Sound quality, however, is in the ear of the receiver.

The first one is a Pride 150. On the front of it, it read's,,,amateur radio bi linear ampliifier. 80-10 mtr.

Probably a 2-pill design. "Bi-Linear" just means it has a pre-amp.

The next one is a Black Cat from Wawasee Electronic's Co... What is the model number of this thing? If it is a JB-200, then look out!

Happy modulating,

'fuzz

_____

Buttfuzz in the Mobile</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.