• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Omegaforce S45HP high am carrier

dxing440

Apr 10, 2011
This only happens when the amp is in line, no matter if its on or off. AM is perfect, with amp on or off.
I purchased this radio from copper electronics and on recieving it, i noticed the am carrier ranges from 1-26w. I called them to see why so high(should only be 15w for the RFX75) and he just said "if 15 is the max it should be, then dont run it at 26w! PPROBLEM IS, when using SSB the rf gain and mic are to be at max, but when rf is at max, and you key and talk, it hangs up (between tx/rx) when you unkey. The meter shows 4 watts but you can barely hear the conversation, until radio power is turned off or rf is lowered and key again
AMP OFF BTW!
ANY ideas to help figure this out.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.