• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

opinions needed!!

doc919

Dec 6, 2012
mid south tennessee
Add a second final mosfet which I have already done. Or the rfx75. From what I've heard the rfx gets overheated easily n will produce roughly 75+- Watts. I. Am seeing 60 with the dual loafers in final stage.. I am using a small fan on rear of chassis to keep it cooled now

You can buy one directly from Galaxy for an OEM look, fit, & function.
Google them . . .

Running dual MOSFETs w/o a heatsink is asking for trouble in the near future.
Then add a fan on the heatsink and know you did the job right.

Last edited:
Have Google's their galaxy site but didn't see any type of price range, just the types of makes n models. Guess I could given a ring to see what price range. Thanks again. I. Have noticed you seem to be very helpful to alot of people. 73's to ya

8691d1354843592t-omegaforce-s45hp-rfx75-2.jpg

This is the heatsink on my Magnum Omegaforce w/RFX-75.
I put dual fans on it because they can get pretty hot. MOSFETs can build heat up rapidly and fail suddenly. Been there; done that . . .

I have had success with both the RFX and the dual final setup. The key to the RFX is remember it says "75". Pushing it past that is possible but generates an enormous amount of heat.
Robb is correct that you need a heatsink on those finals. I got a few off fleabay for pretty cheap. 8 bucks I think.
Either way you go about it, pushing mosfets or transistors for that matter, past the rated limit just generates heat. Nobody on the other end is going to tell the difference between 75 and 90 watts respectively.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.