• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar 300A

jc4950

May 16, 2005
NJ Trooper
I have a 300A with 2 6KD6 driving 4. I only runs SSB and want to know if drive the amp on High with a HR-2510 doing 30 watts will hurt the tubes. I only run SSB like I said and use it for quick DX contacts, so I don't key down long. Also, if I run it on Low power, does the low power by-pass the 2 drive tubes. If so, can I drive it on Low power with a 100 watt Kenwood TS-140S. Thanks For the help.
JOE

jc4950 said:
I have a 300A with 2 6KD6 driving 4. I only runs SSB and want to know if drive the amp on High with a HR-2510 doing 30 watts will hurt the tubes. I only run SSB like I said and use it for quick DX contacts, so I don't key down long. Also, if I run it on Low power, does the low power by-pass the 2 drive tubes. If so, can I drive it on Low power with a 100 watt Kenwood TS-140S. Thanks For the help.
JOE

I have one also and I say forget about the "HIGH" side, operate the amplifier on low stage (with the first 2 tubes bypassed) and drive it with the 60+ watt radio; the TS-140 and the amp will work well together.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.