• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar Elite 900HD technical info requested

I have a PALOMAR ELITE 900HD and when plug in it produce 10:1 SWR.
Without amp i have low swr ( 1.2:1). Can you help me?

I have a PALOMAR ELITE 900HD and when plug in it produce 10:1 SWR.
Without amp i have low swr ( 1.2:1). Can you help me?
Is this with or without power applied to the amp?
Your relay contacts may be open. 10:1 sounds almost like an infinite SWR. I'd check the relay.

If relay is OK, then your input combiner may be damaged.

Bump for my original question.

I believe it was answered by Bob85 on page 1. It has a bias circuit, but it's lacking. It works, but it isn't optimal.

IE, you CAN use it, but do you WANT to use a substandard design?

If you're looking for someone to TELL you what to do, GO REDESIGN THE BIAS CIRCUIT.

Merry merry and a happy happy!

--Toll_Free

I believe it was answered by Bob85 on page 1. It has a bias circuit, but it's lacking. It works, but it isn't optimal.
IE, you CAN use it, but do you WANT to use a substandard design?
If you're looking for someone to TELL you what to do, GO REDESIGN THE BIAS CIRCUIT.
Merry merry and a happy happy!
--Toll_Free

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too!
I was just putting the thread out there for anyone who might not have seen it already.

I'm replacing the bias circuit with the bias board out of an Ameritron ALS500M. It has individual bias for each pair, temperature sensing and control, and over-current/overload sensing. As well, I'm adding an Ameritron ARF 1000 band-pass filter assembly to the amp, to control harmonics. Unfortunately, I don't believe the amp will work down to 75M, due to saturation of the transformer ferrites. I figure 20M will be the lowest I can go. OTOH, we will experiment and try it out anyway... who knows, I might be lucky?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.