• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

pics of my homebrew 1/4wgp

B

BOOTY MONSTER

heres 2 pics of my homey made quarter wave 12 gauge wire ground plane

WHOLEANTENNA.jpg

thats the whole antenna , and yes its leaning , LOL . but its working , not at its full potiental im sure . it wasnt leaning initally so its a $3 lesson .
i think using the PVC X to spread out the ground plane wires and angle them down worked pretty good .
i call it ............. THE BOOTY-PLANE ......... LOL

this is a view from below .

BELOWANTENNA.jpg

there is a coax choke at the feed point about 26-27 ft from the ground . i put this up a few months ago and i forgot to put a choke below the ground radials too . yes thats a dual 239 in the coax line , the coax section going to the antennas feedpoint and used for the coil is from a section of coax that had used lugs on the end from the mobiles mount .

im gonna use the ground radials and X on the 2000 when i get it but do some changes to the mast to support a larger and heavier antenna setup . it will still be isolated from the mast and ground just like this one is .

Last edited by a moderator:

How's that working out for you, Booty? Did you see any difference with the choke?

I haven't built a quarter wave ground plane in while-- interesting approach with the spreaders for the radials!

Rick

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.