• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Please Delete... Updated in another post

Re: Proper way to make a KLV Swinggggggg

High Miler said:
.......How do you do this safely with this amp without blowing out a tube??

I thought I had been doing it right until I read something somewhere that adjusting the loading control could be just as detrimental as anything else....

Any info would be appreciated greatly... Thank you.

First things first, don't over drive it with one of those radios with 30 plus watts output. You will be in the safe range if your radio is keying about 4 watts and swinging about 12-14 watts.

If you have a good amplifier, invest in a good wattmeter; one that reads PEP.

After a quick tune-up for dead key on AM, go to sideband and tune for max with a steady "HELLLLLO" on the driver then unkey. Repeat the "HELLLLLO" tune on the FINAL LOAD, then FINAL PLATE and finally go back and check the FINAL LOAD for max.

Switch back to AM and talk on it.

Re: Proper way to make a KLV Swinggggggg

paws264 said:
High Miler said:
.......How do you do this safely with this amp without blowing out a tube??

I thought I had been doing it right until I read something somewhere that adjusting the loading control could be just as detrimental as anything else....

Any info would be appreciated greatly... Thank you.

First things first, don't over drive it with one of those radios with 30 plus watts output. You will be in the safe range if your radio is keying about 4 watts and swinging about 12-14 watts.

If you have a good amplifier, invest in a good wattmeter; one that reads PEP.

After a quick tune-up for dead key on AM, go to sideband and tune for max with a steady "HELLLLLO" on the driver then unkey. Repeat the "HELLLLLO" tune on the FINAL LOAD, then FINAL PLATE and finally go back and check the FINAL LOAD for max.

Switch back to AM and talk on it.
154.JPG

153.JPG

"Aaaaauuudddddiiiioooo

I really don't like working on these things, they don't have access to the bottom of the circuit board unless you remove it from the case; make simple repairs a long process!

It's like the guys who designed it never thought it would have to be repaired, at least not by them.....

153.JPG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.