• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

please help! need to buy a good dipole

Snake_Eyes

Oct 16, 2005
I need to get a good dipole. There is a Workman Dipole on ebay form time to time, and I am wondering if there just isn't something better than the Workman. Money is no object, and I want it for CB/11 meter only.

Thanks,

Snake Eyes

That's thoughtful of you to list plans for a dipole. They look very good. Thank you. I am disabled, however, and will not do good with a soldering iron.

Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes,
I'm almost sure you could find someone to do the soldering, and it's so much cheaper, and doesn't really require anything special (just wire that won't stretch too much).
- 'Doc

Workman Dipole on ebay

A friend of mine got the same one off ebay to find out he could only TX about 2 city blocks so he made his and loves it but if you can't make one you can get what a friend of mine has a Saturn no ground antenna he puts it on porch or by a window or where ever and he talks local without a problem.
hope this helps
Saturn Base antenna

Nevrdull,
Yes, and no. Can it be done? Sure, but use insulated wire. Will it be usable? Sort of, not very well though. I'd concider it as a last resort, maybe.
- 'Doc

In other words. It can be done but it isn't worth the effort.

Thanks Doc! I remember you from the old EEI forum. Vertical on a tree say 40 feet off the ground measured from the end of the lowest leg? How would that be for SSB long distance???

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.