• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

power line filter

thetnhillbilly

Jun 28, 2006
Tennessee, U.S.A.
I have been looking at a powerline filter to try and get rid of some noise that I can't locate and get rid of at the source. I found some MTI power line filters at thomas distributing that look pretty good, but I have a question before buying. There are a couple different versions with different ratings. One is a 6 to 16V/20A and the other is a 12V/35A. Is this a situation where bigger is better? Would the higher amp version be able to filter the power for my radio (galaxy 959) and my amp (palomar 200) or would two filters be neccessary?
Here is the link to what I've been looking at:
http://www.thomas-distributing.com/cbpowfil1.htm

dont know nothin about that i was just wonderin if you the same tn hill billy that talks to 8 ball,skip shooter and rablin man around fortpayne alabama 73's god bless

Link was good when I posted, but shortly after they took the items off their website- hence it doesn't work anymore. Never did get one. Know anyone else who carries the MTI filters? DTB has one, but the price seems high compared to what thomasdistributing had them for before they took them away.

BTK- No, I'm not that guy. I wish he wasn't using my handle though. In certain circles I go by Lunchbox, given to me because I store food. I prefer thetnhillbilly to lunchbox, but you know how a nickname can stick sometimes.

I'm with DX man on this one....just one filter for the radio.

What model vehicle? Is it coil over plug or any of these new ignition systems?

Are you sure it's coming from the DC POWER not the ANTENNA?

Just asking, because I'd hate to see you spend your money only to find it didn't help.

Might want to check out this filter as well:

http://www.sanantoniohams.org/Tips/whine.htm

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.