• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Power supply

Old Goat

Aug 10, 2008
South Central KY
Need some power supply info can I hook up two radio,s a connex 4300-300 and a 2970 to the same 40 amp supply if I only key one at a time. Can I have both radio ,s turned on . RAY (old goat) 525

I don't know what either radio normally draws, but seriously doubt if it will be 20 some amps just in the receive mode. So, you can probably have both on, and connected to the same supply. Only transmitting with one at a time will probably work too (not knowing the radios, that's just a guess).
- 'Doc

[Listening to yourself transmitting with the other one isn't exactly a real good idea, possible, just not very good for the listening radio. But you knew that anyway.]

Lots of us have the HF rig and the VHF/UHF rig connected to the same supply and both on at the same time. We only transmit on one at any given time, so there's no overload.

My IC-738 and my Alinco DR-610 do just fine that way, and I have a few small accessories (keyer, clock, etc) also connected to the 35-amp supply with nary a complaint.

Yes should be no problem
As a ham i keep IC7000 and ID800 hooked up and on same time
While transmitting only one one at a time

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned