• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PowerMax Power Converter ?....

I purchased the pm3 100lk, it is great for the radio radio, but if I power the texas star dx500v it gives a lot of noise in transmit. I need to find a way to quiet it.

I bought the 60 amp model years ago to power a two pill 2879 and Lincoln 2+ radio. Bad hum on transmit. Bought a Megawatt 40 amp, and it had no problem with the amp and radio.

Beware of the PowerMax drop shippers. They won't refund money on a faulty supply. Ended up arguing with PowerMax directly, and had to block Erin Tribble VP sales. I will never buy anything from them.

Here is the link to post #8 by me, and it is a quote from VP sales basically saying you are f*****!

Maybe RF is getting into the audio? Can you put the radio on a separate power supply? I have two of those pm3 100A and have not had that problem, but I have a separate supply for the radio.
I put the radio on the powerax and the amp on a homebrew supply and no noise at all. Next I am swapping them around to see if the noise comes back.
I have been delayed with other projects and am just getting back to this.

powermax

I've been running a 100 amp powermax for a couple of years now with no issues at all, it's quiet, I only heard the fan come on a couple of times, I've run some pretty high powered amps off this supply with no lack of power output, no noise that I can hear or heard from anyone I've spoken with while in operation, I like the size, the only flaw I can find is there isn't a on/off switch and the power cord is short otherwise, I am very happy with mine. Widowmaker1
The power cord is very short, I put it on a small surge strip with a power button.
I was hearing the noise in the monitor and had a few reports of it humming. I am switching things around tomorrow to see if I can isolate it.

Reactions: Keto

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.