• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pres Lincoln/Uniden 2510 Mod Sheet

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
For those who want the most out of your Pres Lincoln/Uniden 2510, I found this PDF made by a Ham op in Germany - Jochen Heilemann/DG2IAQ. Even if you haven't done them all, just one mod, or none at all, it is a fantastic source and insight into these classic radios. Can dial it in to your own liking with careful mod choices. Not for beginners - BTW.

Thought it was interesting to use Schottky diodes for the receive detector in particular.
Hmmmmm.......

Attachments

• Modification PRESIDENT Lincoln.pdf
    143.3 KB · Views: 97

I do take issue with one of the mods it has on its list. It says to take out the 2sc1674 and replace with a 2sc2999 transistor. You could do that; but then realignment of the receive may well be needed. Better to use a 2sc1730L than either the stock 1674 or the optional 2999. Don't need to retune the receive circuit.

However replacing some of the 1N4148 signal diodes for 1N6263 Schottky-type diodes sounds like a good idea. Although i haven't tried it yet myself, I will give it a 'schott' soon. Local op wants me to go thru his 2510 that he just got.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.