• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Grant LT

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
I wish someone still sold these, I like the radio and I want one with NO MODS

Anyone know where they can still be bought?

presidentgrantlt9to.jpg

I just saw some brand new in the box a couple weeks ago at the electronics swap. If you want one, I could go in a couple weeks and see if they still have it.....

there still around along with the XL's ....back stock if you will ....maybe the last of the late great Uniden SSB radios ? ....I don't know for sure ? ...but if SSB was my thing ? ...(which it isn't) I would seriously start leaning towards a Kenwood ....been doing a lot of reading on these FINE radios ....just cleaner built all the way around ......most of the freebanders in my area are on Kenwoods and they sound top shelf on the Sideband side of things (now AM alone is another story) but the filtering on those radios is superiour over your run of the mill cb radios .....I've had a few XLs in my time and they have always performed nicely on both AM/SSB ......for a run of the mill CB radio .......one really can't go wrong ......they have "older" 148 GTL's and Grant XL's and LT's on Ebay for about 80 or so dollars shipped

ive got a grant ive picked up at a rally its in mint condition except no tx wich indicates the output trani . its a small job i am looking to exchange possibly for a descent h/base antenna it has am/fm/ssb/usb/cw/ 120 on each band
Happy_Hamer said:
I wish someone still sold these, I like the radio and I want one with NO MODS

Anyone know where they can still be bought?

presidentgrantlt9to.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.