• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln II v.3 Mic Gain Issue Common?

jadocs

Apr 24, 2015
Hey all,

I have a Lincoln II v.3 and it's been a great radio. I have been having an intermittent issue with the mic gain. Sometimes when I turn the radio on, and PTT there is no modulation (in other words the radio acts like the mic gain is turned all the way down). I can correct the problem by rotating the mic gain knob all the way down and back up again. This issue is completely random. I have a buddy with the same radio and he has had the same issue. He has also talked SSB to people with the same radio and they also have the problem.

My buddy has taken his Lincoln to a local CB shop to have it checked, and since the problem is random, it cannot be replicated, and therefore not able to be fixed.

Anyone out there know what the issue might be or know how to fix this?

Thanks

I ran into same thing. I run mike gain at max but I bumped it one day and it was like at 98% and when I go to key, no mod. I just rotate and work fine again.

Only happened twice in a year with daily use so no big deal. Prob just issue with potentiometer range/knob at the max point might be a small gap. Radio work perfect otherwise so never bothered to mess further

I knew this had to be a common problem. Thanks for posting gents. I have also gotten into the habit of rotating the mic gain when I turn the radio on. I was kind of hoping someone might have identified what the issue actually was since it seems to be affecting a lot/most/all? of these Lincolns. I love this radio, just wish it didn't have this glitch!

BigKahuna... When I first encountered this issue, I also thought it had something to do with running the mic gain on max. I have since been running it backed off to around 95% and the problem resurfaced at random.

Radio isn't junk. It's a good quality radio. Why do you think it's junk? Maybe you just need to learn how to operate it.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated