• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Probem with my power supply (I think)

H

hossless

Hey all, I have a 100a power supply, I use it to run my xt400. Sometimes I am only showing about 400 - 600 watts on my meter, I'll turn off the xbox and power supply, turn them back on and I'm back up to 1000 watts (where it should be). Also, I checked the voltage on the power supply, it is running at about 15v, when I key it remains steady, but when I talk for swing it fluctuates from remaining steady at 15v up to 20v. Could there be something wrong with one of the regulators in the power supply? How would I go about checking what could be wrong? Also, when the volts go up on the power supply, the fan on the xbox will slow way down.

Thanks, Hossless

</p>

Hossless,

I have been noticing that my power supply was doing the same thing, but not to such extreme as yours. I am running the 2970dx at 14 and when I hit it with the audio....... it just jumps to 14.7.

I then put my 30 amp supply on line and tired it again....same thing....volts increased. So I am coming to believe that it's in the radio that's causing the problem......two different supplys and they both do the same thing!

The radio never did this even after several months of use, that's another reason why I think it's the radio.

------------

DXman

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=dxman@worldwidecbradioclub>DXman</A> at: 1/8/04 6:07 pm

>There is no regulator in the amp thats why under no load it jumps to 20 volts, sounds like you may have some other problems. <

He's on a mobile box with a switching power supply.

Hoss, sounds like whatever does the regulation is getting squirrely. Have you contacted mike to see if he will repair it?

Rollingradios@aol.com

Sales/Service/Installation

National XFORCE Representative

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio