• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

problem with my 2970dx

R

RollingRadios

Contact Frank at 1 stop. He's very close to you and they now have a retail location. Commonly the ext spkr jack gets worn from use and must be replaced, but it may just need touching up on the joints.

Wm. Warlock "71 and the long limousine in Va"

Rollingradios@aol.com

Nat. Rep for XForce/Magna Force Customer Service and Support

</p>

howdy!

OK, everything is working great one day and the next it's not. My volume on the speaker out (internal and external) is real quiet. I can plug the external in and if I move the jack around i can get it to "pop" back in for a bit. So, I figure I have a bad connection that needs to be re-soddered. I take it to a local cb shop that sells RCI products. They look at it for a few minutes and proclaim the recieve is bad, they need to send it to ranger to fix.

Soooo....

I'm kinda confused, how can a bad recieve cause such low volume? I mean I still hear everything, the signal Srength is good it's just real quiet. heck, if i turn the volume all the way up it sometimes even pops in and out by itself.

<sigh>

So, where in the Chicago area is a good ranger tech? Someone that can open on up, understands what they see, and is able to work on a SMT board?

2970dx/Wilson Trucker 2K in a daycab

M</p>

Mike. We can take a look at that if you'd like. It definitely does not sound like you have bad revieve. If you want to give me a buzz and I'll get you some directions here.

630-393-3366

1stop2.gif
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.