• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Problems with Icom IC-718

2RT307

Nov 22, 2011
Texas
Hi guys, I've had a IC-718 for about 7 years now, and never had a lick of problem with it. It started acting funny about a month ago, and wouldn't respond to any of the buttons when pushed. Now, it is not receiving anything on all bands. I have reset the computer per the manual, and the receive issue is still there. Any ideas what has gone wrong, and can anyone recommend a good service tech on this rig? I really like the rig and want to get it running again.

Brett

Send it here this is whre I send anything I cant or dont feel like messing with they do great work and are pretty quick about it they also back their work up. Jim W0MJY is a great guy and has always been honest and upfront with me.

Burghardt Radio Repair Inc

Reactions: 1 person
Brett:
The ICOM Master I have heard good things about is named Matt he is in Mich. Warranty Center I believe...Near St. Joe I think.
I'll talk to the guys on 75m in the morning get you the info...

Nothing wrong with Burghardt, though last time I sent someone there the turn around was slow(but that happens when your busy!)

I get back with you on Matt's info...The op's I chat with that own High end ICOM's won't go anywhere but to him.
All the Best
Gary

FOUND IT!>>> http://www.sarts1.com/

EHAM reveiws: http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/5629

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

On edit, I'm not sure how I "fixed" it, but the rig is working fine now. It was a very hot 102 degrees in my shack (shed) yesterday when it acted up. Seems to be fine now, I don't know if it was the heat, or if I somehow got the power cord jiggled, or what... but it's back to normal. Just glad it's working right. :)

Brett

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.