• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Quad band mag mount

Nursecosmo

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin Northwoods
I am awaiting the arrival of the Opek HVU200 quad band mobile antenna I ordered last week and am trying to get everything else in place for the install. I have decided on a mag mount for now due to the fact that I will eventually move the FT-8900 from my Jeep to my truck. So my question is this: where can I find a three mag or preferably quad magnet mount (greatest amount of capacitive coupling) with a PL259 fitting for the Opek antenna?

I am also somewhat confused about the antenna connection. The specs on their website say PL259 connector, but does that mean that it screws onto a SO239 female coax terminator, or that a PL259 coax fitting screws onto a SO239 receiver fitting which is on the antenna? Perhaps someone could also chime in on this as well.

73 KC9QPF

I ordered the antenna on the 24th but it still hasn't arrived nor has my account been charged. I'm worried that I may not get it in time for a trip to Canada on the 17th. I hope that I ordered the proper mounting for it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.