• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question about radio parts

Nov 5, 2006
timbuck 2
I have an old RCA radiotelephone. I was trying to sell it as a collectable but no luck. Probably because of its size, It is very heavy. Any way I am now thinking about parting it out. I wonder if anyone could help me by answering a few questions for me. First question is about tubes. What is the vital information needed to I.D. tubes and how to test them? If a tube "lights up" is it good?
Second question. Transformers, what info and how to test. And of course there are all the other various parts to an old tube radio. I apolagize if these questions are too vague. I am new at this sort of thing, but I see it as a great learning experience. Not to mention it will help fund my new found amateur radio hobby, I am taking my first test later this month. Anyway, any advice and info would be great.

Thanks in advance,
AA

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.