• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

question about remote faceplate for Texas star Modulator V plus

azepp

Jul 28, 2009
Okay,

I am interested in making a remote mounted face plate that will contain a workman SWR meter and the on/off and variable power switches for the TS Mod V Plus amp. However, I do have a couple of question to make this work:

Will there be any unintended problems from taking the two wires from VR1 Potentiometer and extending them through a connector of some sort. I will probably extend them around 2-3 feet.

Also SW1 and SW2 appear to have pins that have continuity from the bottom side of the switch through the top side. I would like to take and add wires and DPDT switches to those wires to make a remote face plate. I want to mount this faceplate near the radio, but be able to mount the amp out of sight.

Does anybody know how many amps will be pulled through SW1 and SW2 when turned on? I don't want to install wiring that is too small and smoke something or prevent something from getting the voltage it needs.

Any ideas on this will be welcomed.

Thanks.

Here are the links I have been using as a reference. I keep going back to the schematic and interconnection diagrams.

Texas Star Modulator Plus, Modulator V-Plus Service Manual

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio