• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

R.B. HELP!!!

15minigrass

Oct 30, 2006
IT SAYS (RB 20) ON TH BOARD.... THIS BRAND NEW!!
im002043ue6.jpg

ITS THE PACKAGE NEXT TO THE MIC.

O.K. HERE GOES. HOOKING UP TO MY WASHINGTON.

PAPER SAYS,

RED=+
BLACK=-
BLUE=AUDIO
ORANGE=TX

THIS 1 HAS 6 WIRES.

BLK, BLUE, RED, ORNG, YELLOW & GREEN

THE CONNECTOR FROM THE BOARD
HAS LETTERS
BLK=(-)
RED=(+)
BLUE=A
ORNG=M
YEL=T
GRN=R

THE RELAY CLICKS BUT NO BEEP. THERE SEEM TO BE NO DELAY TO SOUND THE BEEP.

ANY IDEAS????

THANX JAMES.

i would go by what it says on the board ....most of it is easy to hookup ..looks like red goes to 12 volt,black to ground,blue to the audio line,now you have 3 left....paper says orange is transmit...so you take the transmit line off the connector..if its a 4 pin you want to remove the transmit line going to pin 3..hook that to the orange.....then take the yellow lead and put it where you removed the transmit line......(you must break into the transmit line in order for these to work,if you havent done that then thats your problem)then it says green is -r...recieve?if it goes to recieve then thats pin 4.........there seems to be a conflict in what you have posted...
from the board says orange is M......paper says it transmit....whats M?looks like you got a good camera there ,can you get me a closeup shot of the connector on the board ?so i can see what it says.most roger beeps are the same ...you need power ,ground,audio,and then usually 2 more wires left over to break into the transmit line...you have 3 wires left on this board,says green is r or recieve so that leaves you yellow n orange to break the transmit line with.what does it say yellow is on that paper?

heygosunn, its the exact R.B. I got here... it says R.B. 20 on the board.

I think M=Mic pin TX #3, ant YEL says nothing on the paper. So YEL must connect to TX wire going to Pin #3

fnky, I think your right, 2 left overs are line breakers. Ill try it later today.

thanks

gohusan said:
Mine say nothing.
6fcb_1.jpg

I'm looking into putting a switch inline. see Topic: Installation>>switch in roger beep board.

http://forum.worldwidedx.com/viewtopic.php?t=17262

Just something to check....

lets get orange out of the way this way you know what it does:)
Orange wire...connect it to a single pole mini switch so it grounds out for off..

Most RB take 8 to 12 volts.

red wire switched power...
black ground..and not the case ground.
blue audio pine On the mic socket.
green wire-yellow wire PAY ATT TO THIS STEP!

IF there is not a yellow wire, then solder the green wire to the transmit pin on the mic socket. if there is a yellow wire then locate the transmit pin on the mic socket,remove this lead and connect it to the yellow wire on the RB.Solder the green wire to the vacant pin on the mic socket..

Hope this Helps :)

YEL says nothing on the paper. So YEL must connect to TX wire going to Pin #3

if yellow says nothing why would you hook it to the transmit line?obviously it gets hooked to nothing?

YEL MUST CONNECT TO TX WIRE AND ORNG TO TX PIN. TX BREAKER.

MAYBE THIS WASHINGTON DONT WANNA GET BEEPED! :LOL:

THANKS GUYS, BUT ILL LET YOU KNOW IF IT WORKS OUT...

ALOHA 1-5 AND HAPPY EASTER...

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!

715copy.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.