• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RadioShack Discone Antenna

I just did a search on eBay and they have the RadioShack Discone new with free shipping listed at $45

discone antenna | eBay

I used that antenna for a long time, I gave it away and kicked myself in the ass ever since

I use mine exclusively for rx only, so I can't comment on tx capability. I've had it for about 15 years and I've never lost a radial, but I did use loctite and the jam nuts during assembly. The lower radials are hollow, so I can see where if it was subject to high winds it might snap one off though. it has served its purpose well over the years, but if I needed to replace it I would look at other options or make one. At $72 there's a lot of choices out there. ;) IIRC I paid $30 or something like that...but that was many moons ago.

I got a Diamond discone around here somewhere....I bought it from universal for $100...never put it up outside....just put it together in the house and used it for a while then took it apart and squirreled it away somewhere....the back of the set worked good enough for me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned