• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger RCI 5054dx back lighting

orange peel

Oct 21, 2014
Hello, has anyone replaced the EL driver in the 6 meter radio?, I have an older model that had the EL driver glued to the back side of the cpu mounting bracket, the old one has a white 2 pin connector and a brown 2 pin connector, the new EL driver from Ranger is sealed in a metal box and has one 2 pin and one 3 pin connector and both are brown, and came with no instructions, there are only 4 wires here! to plug in, two from the light strip and two from the cpu board. HELP please. Bob.

congrats on figuring it out.
how'd you do it?
First I had a call into radio shop supply and r and r both did not how to do it, both said it was marked on the board And was not later on this. Anyway I desoldered the top metal cover and pulled out unit it was packed with potting wax removed wax and found the 3 pin plug pin 1 ground pin 2 and 3 to cpu board you just move plugin to pins 2 and 3, and never mind pin 1. reinstalled board in metal box and pluged wires back in and on went lights. So was not that hard at all, so if you hear of anyone who has this problem you can pass it along. 73's de Rob N2OG

Reactions: space cowboy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.