• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rat shack rotor

I wouldnt go any bigger than a 3 element single sided beam

look on ebay for a cde-AR40 or look around where you live you can find the cde (bell style) rotor's still on peoples home's knock on there door and ask them if they still use the tv antenna if not offer to take it down for them with them knowing you get all the hard ware. some of those rotor's are ham 2/3/4's

hope that helped ya

73's

I turn my Maco 3 element with it. So far so good.... My tower has a thrust bearing, so that takes alot of the load off the rotor....

PLUTO said:
That's what I use to turn my Maco Comet, still working good after close to a year.

how long is the boom length?? i have a buddy of mine that will give me a good deal on a maco m-105, just dont have the $ for a good rotor and was curious if this will do for a lil bit.

rotor

I used to build these rotors,I believe now that the new ones are built in china.They used to be built in New Bremen, Ohio at crown controls.I would not put any thing that big as a m-105 on one.It just does not have the gears to withstand the wind load for very long.We used to make a heavy duty model just for cb that would take a antenna this size.The heavy duty model was painted black, you might be able to find one on the auctions sites.Both rotors are the same size, just the gears are different so it might be hard to tell them apart if you don't know what to look for.My two cents :D

BIONIC_TEXAN88 said:
PLUTO said:
That's what I use to turn my Maco Comet, still working good after close to a year.

how long is the boom length?? i have a buddy of mine that will give me a good deal on a maco m-105, just dont have the $ for a good rotor and was curious if this will do for a lil bit.
If I remember right the boom is ~11' 7". The M-105 might be a bit too much....not so much weight, but length. Alot of stress on the gears starting and especally stopping (rotor stops, beam wants to keep going due to momentum) I tried a Moonraker 4 with it one time just to see if it would work out of curiosity....started ok but when the rotor stopped, the beam tried to keep moving and turned the mast. And as stated by smokercraft...wind load.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.