• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2950 trying to die!

akzo1990

Apr 4, 2005
Arkansas
I have a RCI 2950 that I bought back in ’95 and I used it for a couple of years with good service. After that I kind of got out of radios and it sat in the closet until now. Recently I have been blowing out the dust and firing stuff up. It seems the 2950 has developed an intermittent. When the radio is first turned on everything works fine. After it is on for a while, at no particular given time, receive and transmit will shut off on every mode. The display still works fine and you can even change the frequency. In a few seconds or minutes it will come back and work properly. I have checked all external devices (knobs, buttons, mike cord, etc.) and no problem there. I have read another post that said the internal battery could make the radio do some strange things. So I replaced the internal battery with a battery pack and it still does the same thing. I have checked the board’s traces for cracks or bad solder joints and have found none. I guess I have narrowed it down to a component failure, maybe one of the regulators? If anyone has ran into this before please let me know.

ED

Cdx.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.