• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 39VHP anyone know bias settings?

3.5 to 3.7 volts on the gate makes a happy rt1 most of the time. Match a perfect pair of fets and no magic smoke most of the time.

3.5 to 3.7 volts on the gate makes a happy rt1 most of the time. Match a perfect pair of fets and no magic smoke most of the time.
Setting bias by voltage might not be a good idea. I don't know about those particular mosfets, but i have seen 520's have very different Vgs values. A small voltage difference makes a huge current difference.

Set bias by drain current or using a spectrum analyzer.

Probably not the best way, the jumper arrangement in these radios is not Ideal for measuring current. The typical 50-70ma on the drivers and 100ma on the matched pair of finals.
When ranger used to publish service info they specified voltage on the am only models so many techs use voltage on the Conex style radios. I am sure a current or spectrum analyzer setting is superior but unlikely on an am radio.

Reactions: NZ8N
Probably not the best way, the jumper arrangement in these radios is not Ideal for measuring current. The typical 50-70ma on the drivers and 100ma on the matched pair of finals.
When ranger used to publish service info they specified voltage on the am only models so many techs use voltage on the Conex style radios. I am sure a current or spectrum analyzer setting is superior but unlikely on an am radio.
You don't need jumpers, just run the radio on a bench supply with a current meter. Turn the driver and final off by dropping the gate voltage, then slowly raise the bias until the appropriate current change is noted on the supply's current meter.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated