• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 6900FHP Hi/Low tone

T

Tumbleweed

What did they do to fix the echo board problem, I knew you had quite the trouble with it.

Thanks,

Jerry
CDX350
TW350
</p>

Ok thanks, Gnome, I had bought a 6900FHP for a good friend of mine and it has the echo noise in it. My FTB never did have the noise. I thought maybe RCI had a fix for it. I was thinking about pulling out the RCI echo board and putting in a connex or something similar. It is related to the echo, but I've wondered if it wasn't the pushbutton switch itself. I can switch from one position and back and the noise goes away. Cold solder on the board?? Anyway thanks.

Jerry
CDX350
TW350
</p>

I love the thing for a truckers radio that likes ssb. I guess I was one of the lucky ones that got a good tech at EEI when they set it up. It's strong and clean both on am and ssb. That's why I thought I'd try a 6900FHP for a friend who uses it mainly for 19, but wanted to get into ssb. I was hoping since it was a new model that they would've had the birdie, chirping, thunder storm sound, this one has em' all, fixed. I use the FTP with a six pill and just love it. Some times I think the recieve on this one is too good. But it does allow me to use the rf gain and squelch together to run quiet and still here good distant signals. I had it for sell at one time and decided to keep it because this one had none of the problems that the others had, glad I did, it's been a good one.

Jerry
CDX350
TW350
</p>

I've ordered a returned 6900FHP that had the echo board noise problem and has been fixed. Having had two of the 6900's with the problem, I feel better with one that's been gone through and fixed.

To get the 11 meters and other bands the Hi/Low tone button is used. What would I need to do to add a switch to get that function back?

Thanks,

Mr Gnome

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.