• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Realistic Navaho TRC-492 Transistor

2Eight0

Jul 4, 2012
I am now the proud owner of a new solder station, I have been digging thru the closet getting out old junk and fixing it and ran across my old junker TRC-492. It isnt much but I might set it up at my girlfriends house for emergency situations. I took the Transmit final out years ago and I guess its misplaced. Radio shack website is confusing for me but I think it specifies I need a 2sc2075 transistor for transmit. great 6 bucks for 2 of them on fleabay... I can swing that I just want to make sure thats the one and the only one I can put in it. Not much info on these things online except they were made not to upgrade. Thanks

You can use a 2SC2075, however they aren't very high gain, and won't have a lot of power output. A better choice would be a 2SC2078. These are common finals used in the Cobra 29's and Cobra 25's. They can be had reasonable on Ebay and provide much better output. They are also a direct drop-in for that radio. Good luck!

~Cheers~

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks ExitThirteen, I ordered a handful today of the 2078's let the fun begin. Flea market, Yard sale's here I come!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.