• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Realistic TRC-216 40 ch Walkie channel display

RockmanFL

Aug 6, 2022
I have a working Realistic TRC-216 40 channel CB that will not display any channels in display window, only displays characters like gg, gh, etc. (the g actually looks like a backward 6) no matter where channel selector button is placed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a working Realistic TRC-216 40 channel CB that will not display any channels in display window, only displays characters like gg, gh, etc. (the g actually looks like a backward 6) no matter where channel selector button is placed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Probably the only replacement display you might find will be from a parts radio. Hopefully the display still good. Look for any change while checking for loose solder connections by gently applying pressure on the display from the front and back side of the board. Re-soldering the connections on that board might also help. The display driver BA6124 could also be bad. Those are readily available. See attached service manual.

Attachments

• realistic_trc_216_sm.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 5
Probably the only replacement display you might find will be from a parts radio. Hopefully the display still good. Look for any change while checking for loose solder connections by gently applying pressure on the display from the front and back side of the board. Re-soldering the connections on that board might also help. The display driver BA6124 could also be bad. Those are readily available. See attached service manual.

sunbulls, Thank you for your prompt response to my issue. I will definitely check out what you suggested, it will at least give me a starting point if not resolve the problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.