• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Resistor between element leads

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
I have looked at power mics and noticed a resistor with a pot controls the audio strngth of the mic. I also know that if you put a resistor from s external speaker jack to Pa jack you get loud talkback. I also read that if you put a resistor in line with the limiter it will increase audio output. In observing these things I did something with a couple of mics . I put a 4.7k-ohms resistor across the mic leads and the result was a louder audio. This was verified by those I was talking to when doing it. Has anyone else tried this ?

sonwatchersig.gif
</p>

I just experimented with a different resistor. I took off the 4.7k and replaced it with 220 ohm resistor. I spoke with CDX_4540 and CDX-586 and asked for a report. 4540 said it was loud and clear. 586 asked if I got a new mic. He said it was louder and clearer than usual. I told him that I just changed the resistor on the same mic. He said it sure made a difference.

sonwatchersig.gif
</p>

is this a windup?, what kind of mic are you doing this with, are you putting the resistor across the mic leads ( in parallel ) or in series with the audio?, if you put a 220 ohm resistor across the leads of a 600 ohm mic you are decreasing the load impedance to less than 220 ohms, the mic wont be able to develop full voltage and a proportion of your audio will be dissipated as heat in the resistor, please explain in more detail what you are doing here, thanks

</p>

I am puting it across the leads as you say. They are non- amplified mics. One is a MD-1 the other is a Titan roadpro stock mic. If this is so why is it I get better reports after doing it. The one report came from a member that is about 50 miles away and the other 10.Would it work better the other way you mentioned ?

sonwatchersig.gif
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.