• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rf gain mod for Cobra 19 dx 3 ?

" I get so tired hearing that they are $10 or throw away radios "

That's fine....but they are. Many low end radio's are that way. Price used one's on E-bay and see.

" they may not have all the bells and whistles of a Galaxy or a Connex, but they are still a radio regardless "

Nothing wrong with a small cheap radio as long as you understand what it is and what it will never be. Great for light duty use or vacations. Small and inexpensive means parts are compromised. That's why you get alittle more noise with a cheap radio and stone silent receive with a Kenwood or Icom.

" It would be so nice when you ask a question about this radio not to be ridiculed or keep hearing your radio is junk, I already know that, enough of the radio bashing. "

You are not being ridiculed, we are tying to get you to learn and understand. If your radio new is 39 dollars and used 15 dollars here is the deal. To re-tune your radio, 25 bucks, a noise filter cord, 18 bucks, adding an RF gain control like YOU ASKED, 40-50 bucks. For what you just spent you could have bought a nice clean used radio tuned and aligned and ready to talk.

http://www.worldwidedx.com/cb-radio-gear-swapshop/138534-cobra-25-philly-made.html

Cobra 25 LTD Classic CB Radio Special Edition with American Flag / Lady Liberty | eBay

Cobra 25 LTD Classic with Echo Mic | eBay

I completely understand what it is guys, a cheap, so-so quality radio. Maybe I should elaborate a little further. I am not looking for a top of the line radio from a piece of crap, it's never going to happen. It just frustrates me that sometimes when you want to do something, you just want to do it, for no real reason except to see if it can be done, and you get irritated when everybody tells you it's wrong, even though you know better. My company just put a new Galaxy in my truck for me today, so I am good to go with that. All I really wanted to know now if this mod can be done at all, if for no other reason, than to do it just for the experience of it, and knowing you accomplished something that some people don't. I served in the U.S. Army for 20 years, 8th Bn/43rd Artillery, and have seen and done many things most people never will, or would want to. I don't care if it takes me a year to get the parts, I just want to know if it's possible. Thanks for all the input from everybody, in both directions, good and bad. Now, to start off fresh, can this mod be done to this radio at all?, it's just a spare time project now.
Thanks

They picked me up a 959, this radio is excellent, I am not used to something that doesn't scream at me all night long, lol.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.