• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RFC400 Coax?

Never heard of it. By the appearance of the foil layer, full braid, and solid copper core and the description of the coax's dielectric - it should be OK. But like any other coax out there, the electrical details are the most telling. Capacitance, inductance, and resistance as well as the materials used determine the better coax every time.

lmr100a-equivalent-low-loss-rf-coax-cable-by-the-foot_3.jpg

Attachments

• RFC 50 Ohm.pdf
    267 KB · Views: 9
Cool...thanks Robb....I think I will buy some for my Penetrator.....its got to be better than the cheap mini 8 I am using now. :)

Just becareful with that solid core wire when bending it unlike starnded core if a wire breaks there is still other wires making the connection where if solid core breaks THATS IT!!

Just becareful with that solid core wire when bending it unlike starnded core if a wire breaks there is still other wires making the connection where if solid core breaks THATS IT!!

Yeah...it should be ok....just run across the house and down the side into my radio room. :)

I experienced some problems I believe are related to this RFC-400. For example, the solid center core is aluminum with what seems to be very thin copper layer. I have a sample of Times Wire LMR-400 on the way (10ft) to check out. I'm going to switch to the flex type this time.

One test I've conducted is with the SWR. Two meters is fine, but using UHF connectors on 440 -- Never again! Unfortunately, I failed to listen and purchased a dual-band, RX-503 with M connectors rather than N's. I failed to read-their-lips! "UHF connectors > 300MHz is problematic!" I just replaced the UHF chassis connector with a N-type on my TM-V71A, dual bander.

-k2qde

Yep...it looks like its copper clad aluminum......I have not put it on my SP 500 yet.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.