• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Robyn SB-510D mod

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
I recently bought a Robyn SB-510D mobile radio through an eBay auction so that I could have the regular 1 - 40 channels with USB/LSB , but inside I saw that it had it a modification done to it . The Mod isn't the common extra channels mod that everyone has posted all over the internet and it was causing some problems for me . I can't find any info on this mod anywhere . This one is done on the bottom side of the 858 with 2 resistors coming from 2 different pins that have wires soldered onto them that run to the squelch knob on the radio . There's also a trace on the backside of one of the resistors that has a cut in it .

I have no idea what this mod does or is for .

But I hear people talking on other channels and they sound like they're on the same channel that me and my friends are talking on .

Can anyone tell me what this mod is and how it works ?

Because I was hearing people from other channels , I thought it was a messed up mod for the extra channels , so I removed it . When I did this , the radio was stuck above 40 . :( Then I reconnected the trace and now it's stuck below 1 ... :shock: all I'm interested in now is redoing whatever it was that was done to it to begin with so that I can have that screwy sounding 1 - 40 back with other channels talking on my frequency ... I pretty much remember the original wiring set-up , but just to make sure , if anyone has it could you please let me know so that I know I have it put back exactly the way it was ?

Thank You to anyone that can be of some sort of help to this problem .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.