• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Royce 1-632 SSB

kb8ufp

Mar 15, 2011
AM is great on this rig. SSB - not so much. In fact when aligning I found different spots for even a decent amount of output on SSB. So far excellent reports on AM, not a single callback on SSB.

Any thoughts?

Hmm... odd that you aren't getting any response on SSB...

Is the clarifier locked or unlocked? What kind of output are you getting on SSB, if any? If you're getting output, it might be way off frequency on SSB.

If memory serves me right, this has the same board as the 1-641 base. You can go to www.cbtricks.com , and go to radio information, then click on "R", scroll down to Royce, and the 1-641 is in there, it has an alignment sheet that you can reference to, if you haven't done so already. Wish I could help you more, but without having the radio on my bench, it's tough to point you in the right direction.

What you could do is setup another SSB rig next to the mobile, and set it up on the same frequency, and use it as a talkback radio to see if you're on frequency or not... I have a small Uniden PC-122XL I use specifically for this purpose. It might be able to help you along. Let us know how you get on.

~Cheers~

A lady gave me a Royce today

Hmm... odd that you aren't getting any response on SSB...

Is the clarifier locked or unlocked? What kind of output are you getting on SSB, if any? If you're getting output, it might be way off frequency on SSB.

If memory serves me right, this has the same board as the 1-641 base. You can go to www.cbtricks.com , and go to radio information, then click on "R", scroll down to Royce, and the 1-641 is in there, it has an alignment sheet that you can reference to, if you haven't done so already. Wish I could help you more, but without having the radio on my bench, it's tough to point you in the right direction.

What you could do is setup another SSB rig next to the mobile, and set it up on the same frequency, and use it as a talkback radio to see if you're on frequency or not... I have a small Uniden PC-122XL I use specifically for this purpose. It might be able to help you along. Let us know how you get on.

~Cheers~

She heard i was looking for a CB radio, brought this and a Corbra by said you can have them they were my Dad's The Corbra is a RedBall
Is the Royce a good unit or should i just trtash it ??

Those Royce radios aren't the easiest things to work on, but get a good tech in there and they will work nicely. I wouldn't get rid of the radio.... although they might not perform like a Cobra 148 GTL or similar radio, they are solid, drift free radios.

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.