• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

s9 vs connex 4800 dxl vs rci 2950 help

CDX1220

Apr 2, 2005
california
hello need help in chooseing a new radio to run my dm 2x8.
i run a 2950 with a ts 500hdv it is great on ssb, it will do ssb 38 watts pep and about 25 am pep at 2wdk,with amp it does about 475 pep am and 725 ssb,i just bought a connex 4800 & the magnum s9 have not taken them out of the box yet,just wanted to know wich would be the best to run on am with the 2x8.yes it must still run ssb ,once i pick the right radio they will be going to justin as he is here local to me to be set up to the amp and he is going to ab1 bias the 2x8 on ssb and it will run class c on am.before i foreget predator 10k single coil and lmr 400 coax.thank in advance for any helpful info. :LOL:

hey fl native your the second one to say go with the 2950 .i like the 2950 but i had not bought a radio in a few years except for the 706 mkllg and it does 100 w am . i dont want to blow up the 2x8 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: i did bring it down to i think a dk of about 20 w or so but it still is to much drive for the 2x8.that was pep watts on am.so if i go with a new 2950 dx ,i guess my dad is going to get a new radio for fathers day. :LOL:

The 2950 will be better on SSB but the S9 will win hands down on AM. If echo is what you like then the S9 it is. I'm just not seeing that 700 watt thing on SSB from a TS500 though. Nice amp but with just a radio driving it you might be in the 500-525 range.

Butcher318 said:
The 2950 will be better on SSB but the S9 will win hands down on AM. If echo is what you like then the S9 it is. I'm just not seeing that 700 watt thing on SSB from a TS500 though. Nice amp but with just a radio driving it you might be in the 500-525 range.

thanks for the info on the radios, as for the ts the power cables have ben upgraded and the fuses bypassed .i have a 80 amp alt. when keyed own side band it pulls hard ,on am doesnt bother it at all but ssb it pulls amps. i use to see about 625-650 before the mods on the power cables ,got that idea from rolling radios , a couple of years ago.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.