• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"SCAN" FUNCTION OF RCI AND NEW MAGNUM

galaxy67

Mar 10, 2009
I have a question about the "Scan" function on the RCI 2950DX and Magnum S-45HP radios,I have not seen this addressed in reveiwes of these radios,been in this since 1964,I have never used the memory/scan functions of CB/10 meter radios before,what I wouldl like to know is this,when in the "Scan" mode of the memories in these 2 radios,does the radio stop on the memory channel the whole time soemone is talking,as in say,a police fire/scanner does,then scan again when the carrier drops out,or does it just scan and stay on a certain memory for a short time and then keep scanning no matter if a carrier is present or not?? IN other words,does the memory/scan on these 2 radios work just like a regular police/fire scanner does?? MY intent is to program 5 or 10 favorite frequencies,let the radio scan them,and then listen to any active frequencies,then scan again,any help?? my e mail is
GALAXYELC9@AOL.COM
BOB GALAXY67

"SCAN" function

I realize it scans the channels and stops,my question was,does it stop the whole time a carrier is present?? that was my question,will it hold the memory channel as long as someone is talking without going into the scan mode again untill the carrier drops out??
BOB GALAXY67

I never tried the scan function with a DX model but the old scholl 2950/70's wouldn't resume scanning after the carrier dropped.

I never tried the scan function with a DX model but the old scholl 2950/70's wouldn't resume scanning after the carrier dropped.

same with the dx model, useless if you ask me.

would be great if you could limit it's scan range to a determined band, say 26.905 to 27.405.(y)

"SCAN" function

THats the answer I was looking for on the RCI DX model,it will not start and stop in the scan mode via carrier,now I need soemone to answer the same question about the new Magnum S-45HP,I know someone has one out there,can they check it for me,beleive it or not I have asked this question of many of the dealers,they could not answer my question either,there is a reference to this in the owners manual of the 45HP( I don't have one) but it is not clear on this issue,I don't want the 45HP if it will not scan the memories and start/stop via carrier signal like a police/fire scanner will,thanks for the input,dealers will only tell you so much,not as knowledgeable as you would think
BOB
GALAXY67

I think only the optima will scan just the memories.
The rest just run up and down the band..40channel segment they are in.
Agreed. The S45HP only scans the band it's in. In 10M mode (CON1 or CON2) it scans the entire band. On a busy channel, it stops for about 5 seconds, then continues. I'm not familiar enough with the RCI to comment on it.

Agreed. The S45HP only scans the band it's in. In 10M mode (CON1 or CON2) it scans the entire band. On a busy channel, it stops for about 5 seconds, then continues. I'm not familiar enough with the RCI to comment on it.

the rci WILL scan just the memory freqs but you need to have the memory
funtion activated otherwise it will only scan the norm 40.i never tried
my s45 but dont rewally need to being i can store the freq and the mode

the rci WILL scan just the memory freqs but you need to have the memory
funtion activated otherwise it will only scan the norm 40.i never tried
my s45 but dont rewally need to being i can store the freq and the mode

Not true, you can set the upper and lower limits of any frequency band it is capable of, just read the manual, I set mine to scan the 40 channels of 11 meters and I can set it to do the same or more in 12 or 10 meters.

Unless you're talking about the non dx model then I have no clue about it.

Not true, you can set the upper and lower limits of any frequency band it is capable of, just read the manual, I set mine to scan the 40 channels of 11 meters and I can set it to do the same or more in 12 or 10 meters.

Unless you're talking about the non dx model then I have no clue about it.

Same with the older 2950/70s.

The 2970n2 will resume memory scan, 40 channek scan and between 2 frequencies scan when carrier drops out but the squelch must be set much higher for the scan to resume than for normal listening as pops and clicks reset the resume counter. You can only scan one scan type at a time

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.