• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

sears 23 ch schematics

caspear1978

Jan 8, 2009
Ok so here i am getting ready to work a buddies radio,,,, hook the watt/swr meter up to get a before base line reading,,, when i go to key up nothing shows on the meter,,,,, the meter is good becuase ive cheacked it on other radios after,,,,, open up the case on the radio and find a peice burnt up,,, the radio transmits and recieves but shows nothing on the meter,,,,, im look for a board schematic for a Sears 23 934.36740501,,,, i have looked for the past 2 days online and have not been able to come up with anything,,,, called the folks at the cb shop in TN and they have been to busy to look in the books,,,,if anyone may have a lead on where i can find it or if you have it it would be great,,,, just need to figure out what the part needs to be replaced with so i dont do any damage to his radio,,,,,mark

first place to look is the final and driver transistors.

usually, they are the two transistors mounted to a heatsink or the chassis wall nearest to the antenna jack.

unsolder the leads from the board and carefully pry them up so they are not touching any PC board traces.

get out your multimeter and use this page for instructions on how to test the transistors:
Testing semiconductors with analog and digital multimeters

scroll down to where it says "testing bipolar transistors".

they should be NPN transistors, but you will need to find the datasheets for each transistor to get the lead configuration. (base, emitter, collector)
you should be able to find the datasheets online by searching under the part number and the word "datasheet" (ex: 2SC1307 datasheet)

if either transistor fails any of the tests, replace it.

if they both check good, then you will have to look elsewhere for the problem.

a SAMS photofact manual for this radio would really help you.
i found the SEARS 934.36740500 in volume 99.
that one might work. look on ebay for the SAMS book. they are everywhere.
didnt find a SAMS book for the 934.36740501

good luck,
LC

i found a peice that had burnt up on the board,,, thats why i was looking for the schematics for it,,,,, yea the only sams one i came up with was the same one for the 00 and not the 01,,,, maybe they are pretty close to the same,,, if so then it will help alot,,, ill take a look on ebay and see if i can find v99 and go from there,,,, thank you for the help with this one,,, the tips you described will help alot,,,,, thanks again,,,,,,mark

I think you probably meant Volume 89, 99 contains no Sears radios, and the Index confirms 89... I've got 89....

i got the SAMS info from CB city international. lou franklins site.
guess he's got a few typos in there!

thanks for the clarification mister F.
good lookin out.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.