• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Setting swr's?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
To check the swr, turn off the amp and whatever else you have between the analyzer and the antenna. Then take your readings. My guess with the Cobra 29 is that the reason your not be able to get the SWR meter to calibrate with the radio is that the deadkey has been set real low: like 1 or 1.5 watts. A lot of SWR meters need 3 watts or so before they will calibrate. At any rate, the analyzer should help you out.

Moleculo

</p>

Ok here's the question. I have a cobra 29 that when i hook a swr meter to it there is no reading(tried different meters and coax) so i ordered a mfj-259b analyzer. When i set the swr with the analyzer does what i hook up before the coax say an amp or the CB itself affect the swr? I do understand that the swr should be 1.5 or below. There's a stinger in the 29 this is what i believe to be the problem with setting the swr with a regular meter.

thnx in advance

corolla

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.