• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shortwave Radio help

biferi

Jul 29, 2008
I now know that the Shortwave Band is 3,000 kHz to 30,000 kHz and I got the Shortwave Eton E5. Radio.

It say it can get FREQ. from 150 kHz to 29999 kHz so I thought I was greate.

My Radio gets the full Shortwave FREQ. Range.
But the list of metter Bands it get is not all of them.
120 m 90m 75m 60m 49m 41m 31m 25m 22m 19m 16m 13m 11m

What am I not understanding?? If it has full FREQ. Range then why is some of the shortwave metter bands not listed?

Your receiver does cover .150-30 MHz.The meter button takes you to the allocated International broadcast bands.many short wave broadcasters transmit outside these ranges.

What I ment was the booklet for my Shortwave Radio say it get 150 kHz to 29999 kHz and that is full FREQ. for Shortwave.

But in the book for the Radio it shows all the metter bands it gets and I listed them for you. And there is a fue it left out why and does this meen it is not a true full FREQ. for Shortwave?

I think I understand what you're asking....Your radio has settings or switches for various bands: 120 m 90m 75m 60m 49m 41m 31m 25m 22m 19m 16m 13m 11m. However your book is showing you that there are frequencies that are in between those band settings, and that is provoking a question on whether or not your radio can get those other frequencies. Is that correct?

If that is your question, then the answer is no, you're radio is not missing anything. Those buttons are just shortcuts. You can use the up/down buttons or put the frequency in directly you want to listen to, even if it doesn't fall neatly into one of those "band categories" you listed.

What I ment was the booklet for my Shortwave Radio say it get 150 kHz to 29999 kHz and that is full FREQ. for Shortwave.

But in the book for the Radio it shows all the metter bands it gets and I listed them for you. And there is a fue it left out why and does this meen it is not a true full FREQ. for Shortwave?

It appears your radio receives 150 KHz - 30 MHz continuous (no gaps). Therefore, it receives all of the bands you listed (120 m, 90m, 75m, 60m, 49m, 41m, 31m, 25m, 22m, 19m, 16m, 13m and 11m). It looks to me like you're worrying about something like the "47 meter band" because "47m" isn't listed. That's because the designation for the shortwave band in that part of the spectrum is "49 meters". Every frequency has a wavelength naturally associated with it, based on the formula

WAVELENGTH = 300,000,000 divided by FREQUENCY in Hertz.

Since the radio has continuous coverage as measured by frequency, it also has continuous coverage by wavelength over that frequency spread.

Use a good external wire antenna, as long and as high as you can get it, and start listening instead of worrying (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.