• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Shortwave Receiver With Bluetooth

yes one. an eton. or you can just buy one of MANY bluetooth devices that plug into the headphone jack. they are cheap and you can use it on anything with a headphone out jack. that would be my choice. heres one at wm.com for example but ebay has ALOT to choose from as well as other sites. google is your friend.

Here are the radios off the top of my head that support bluetooth: Tecsun H-501x, Tecsun PL-398BT, and Eton Elite Field.

I own the Tecsun H-501x and the Bluetooth is great I will stream shows online from my phone to it's speakers. I'm not sure this is designed for headphones though. It seems more designed to stream music to the radio speakers and you have to switch the mode to Bluetooth out of whatever radio listening mode you were in. I suspect the other radios are designed this way too basically to turn in to a portable Bluetooth speaker.

I also agree with @groundwire . I have a similar device that I used to plug in to my line in if I wanted to stream a show through my Grundig Satellit 750 speaker. If I wanted to stream the radio content via Bluetooth to my headphones I would just plug it in to the headphone jack/line out and change it to send data.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mudfoot
Looking like nothing is available, except for the external transmitter mentioned. I suppose I can transmit to my phone, then audio out to my earbuds.
Here are the radios off the top of my head that support bluetooth: Tecsun H-501x, Tecsun PL-398BT, and Eton Elite Field.

I own the Tecsun H-501x and the Bluetooth is great I will stream shows online from my phone to it's speakers. I'm not sure this is designed for headphones though. It seems more designed to stream music to the radio speakers and you have to switch the mode to Bluetooth out of whatever radio listening mode you were in. I suspect the other radios are designed this way too basically to turn in to a portable Bluetooth speaker.

I also agree with @groundwire . I have a similar device that I used to plug in to my line in if I wanted to stream a show through my Grundig Satellit 750 speaker. If I wanted to stream the radio content via Bluetooth to my headphones I would just plug it in to the headphone jack/line out and change it to send data.

Looking like nothing is available, except for the external transmitter mentioned. I suppose I can transmit to my phone, then audio out to my earbuds.

why to a phone then headphones? you can connect the headphones straight to the transmitter via bluetooth
why to a phone then headphones? you can connect the headphones straight to the transmitter via bluetooth
Can't tolerate headphones with my big ears. I only have earbuds.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.